JES Report Broker 3.3 Release Notes
Released On: 05/22/2012
1. All maintenance from JRB 3.2.
2. Restructure Document Archive Access Providing Better Web Performance and Lower Overhead
Restructures the code used to search for documents in the archive and history. It adds some overhead to JRB startup in exchange for much less (90% less) overhead during a document search. It does this by avoiding a C++ directory traverse whenever possible. It employs an HFS file to 'save' the results of a directory traverse. The HFS file is rebuilt whenever the following is true:
a. JRB startup OR INSTALL$GROUP command is issued on the console.
b. JRB detects the $GROUPS member has been updated since the last rebuild.
3. Added a Choice of REPORT_NODE_SCAN Intensity. Provides quicker JRB startup.(Also faster INSTALL$GROUP command execution) REPORT_NODE_SCAN=YES; in $INIT is now a "QUICK"scan. It uses the current directory traverse save file mentioned in item 2 above.REPORT_NODE_SCAN=DEEP; in $INIT is a more intense scan. It rebuilds the directory traverse save file. It is more accurate, but at a higher cost of overhead.
4. New Batch Utility FUNCTION=FIND_STRANDED_GROUPS_DEEP; FIND_STRANDED_GROUPS is now a "quick" scan. The DEEP scan is equal to the DEEP scan introduced in item 3 above.
5. Eliminated JRBSUB. Merged JRBSUB with JRBLOG
6. Enabled New Columns to be Displayable in the History Directory Web Page.
The following columns were not being previous populated in the History Directory Web Page:
7. Added ability to Exclude Selection of JES Output based upon DDNAME
8. Removed carriage control requirement for TXT_CAPTURE_FIELD_TYPE=SEARCH.
Previously TXT_CAPTURE_FEILD_TYPE=SEARCH required that the JES output must have carriage control. Now if TXT_CAPTURE_TEXT_LINE=0; is in use the JES output is NOT required to have carriage control.
9. Web Page Change. The History Restore Dropdown Can Now Force the User to Specify an Expiration for the Document being Restored.
New Valid Parameter Value for WEBPAGE_HISTORY_RESTORE_WINDOW. The new parameter "EXPIREONLY" causes the "Keep Restored Document Indefinitely" radio button to be greyed out and disabled.
10. Obsolete keywords
DELIVERYTYPE=SEQ; now determines the best LRECL dynamically so the following are obsolete:
11. Keyword processing changes.
a. Obsolete keywords are now automatically REPLACED/REMOVED.
At JRB startup, obsolete keywords will automatically be replaced with a current keyword or removed. The JRB administrator will no longer be required to manually removed these keywords.
JRBE513 ** OBSOLETE KEYWORD, WILL BE DYNAMICALLY COMMETED OUT, SEE LOG **
JRBE059 ** ERROR ON LINE:151 MEMBER:$INIT **
* OBSOLETE, COMMENTED OUT BY JRB: OFFLOAD_LRECL_DEFAULT=200;
JRBE529 ** OBSOLETE KEYWORD, WILL BE DYNAMICALLY REPLACED, SEE LOG **
JRBE059 ** ERROR ON LINE:120 MEMBER:$INIT **
b. Newly Introduced Required Keywords Are Now Automatically Added for you.
When a new keyword is introduced it will no longer be required to manually add them. If a default can be determined the keyword will be automatically added at startup.
JRBE381 ** REQUIRED KEYWORD WILL BE DYNAMICALLY ADDED:512BYTE_BUFFERS
JRBE530 ** KEYWORD ADDED TO MEMBER:$INIT RECORD #:175
* THE FOLLOWING RECORD WAS ADDED DYNAMICALLY BY JRB3.3 03/29/2012
c. UPGRADE_OBSOLETE_KEYWORDS Utility Function is now Obsolete.
Because of the new automatic keyword processing at JRB startup this function has been removed.
12. Optional SMF Record Written Upon Each Web Access of an Archived Document.
13. Optional SMF Record Written Upon Successful FTP Delivery
New Keyword SMF_FTP_DELIVERY_119
This can be used for chargeback uses or audit trail.
14. Only One JRB With the Same Name Can be Running at the Same Time.
An attempt to bring up a 2nd JRB with the same name will result in the following message and JRB will terminate.:
JRBE507 ** A JRB WITH THIS PROCNAME IS ALREADY RUNNING **
15. JRB Batch Utility Will Terminate With Condition Code 16 if it is Unable to Startup.
Previously if there was an environmental or administrative issue that prevented the utility to fully initialize it would end with a zero condition code which indicated incorrectly that the utility ran successfully.
16. New Message JRBE508 Provides the FTP Filename that was Delivered.
JRBE508 ** FILENAME:TSTDAT18_JOB18283_STD_gary.txt **
17. New Keyword to Specify Which TCPIP Region Should be Used: TCPIP_JOBNAME
This keyword supports situations where multiple TCPIP regions are being run in the same Z/os image.
18. Protection Against Intrusion by "Web Crawlers" added to the Web Server.
This is primarily in the form of the existence of a 'robots.txt' file./
19. AFP transformation Change using MPT. Now supports Mixture of Formdef/Pagedef.
Previously it was assumed that ALL the DDnames that make up a JES output group used the same Formdef/Pagedef. JRB can now accommodate each DDname that may have different Formdef/Pagedef(s).
20. New Keyword DELIVERY_FAILURE_NOTIFY_ID_DEFAULT
21. New Message Indicating Archive HFS is Full.
If an archive delivery fails due to the HFS being full there is now a delivery return code that specifically describes this:
JRBE089 ** DELIVERY FAILED,RC=98 HFS MOUNTPOINT OUT OF SPACE
This message will be issued to the console highlighted and will not roll off without manual deletion.
22. JES_REPORT_SELECT_QUEUE_DEFAULT is now a Required Keyword
See section 14.2.286 JES_REPORT_SELECT_QUEUE_DEFAULT
23. Maximum Length of FTP Paths increased to 256.
24. Provide Ability to Choose Whether Imbedded Spaces are to be Removed from FTP Pathnames.
These new keywords are effective on the FTP pathnames specified in the following keywords:
25. WEBPAGE_SIGNON_POPUP_BG_COLOR is now an optional keyword.
It is only required when WEBPAGE_SIGNON_POPUP_MSG is also coded.
26. Web "Restore Document From History" Change. Can now determine back media information from system catalog instead of JRB.
New keyword: WEBPAGE_HISTORY_RESTORE_CATALOG