JSF-Job and Syslog Facility
Archive Sysout and Syslogs
Job and Syslog Facility is a syslog and sysout archival and retrieval product for z/OS JES2 and ISPF. The JSF started task archives JES2 output based on your specified output classes or destinations. Output matching your criteria is archived to the JSF database for viewing or other processing within ISPF. In JSF ISPF your archived jobs, reports, JCL or syslogs can be viewed, searched, printed, copied or scanned. Older output is moved from the online database to offline backups after your desired number of days, but can easily be restored via an ISPF request.
Are you currently...
- Looking for a better way to manage and store reports, job logs and system logs?
- Dedicating large amounts of your JES2 spool space for reports, JCL and SYSLOG listings?
- Unable to determine which jobs are the problem spots for abends, run time and/or CPU time?
- Printing some jobs or system logs that could be viewed in JSF ISPF instead?
- Using personnel to manually check production job and system logs for abends, condition codes, and errors (not cataloged 2, etc.)?
- Tired of hunting for and rerunning jobs for lost reports, JCL and SYSLOGs?
JSF can solve these and other problems. It archives desired jobs and system logs from JES2 into the JSF ISPF system for immediate viewing. You can also look back at these jobs and syslogs in JSF ISPF days, weeks, months or possibly even years later, if needed.