MacKinney Batch to CICS
MacKinney Batch to CICS puts you in control of your resources with all the tools needed to coordinate batch and CICS flow.
With MacKinney Batch to CICS (MBC) you can quickly send commands from your batch jobs to your CICS regions to coordinate file access, dynamically enable or disable programs, transactions and TDQs, launch transactions, send terminal messages and more.
- Open/Close VSAM files
- QUIESCE/UNQUIESCE RLS files
- Enable/Disable programs, transactions, and TDQ’s
- Query resources
- Interface with CEDA
- Shared Resource Items allows sharing definitions across Applids (new in Release 2.0)
- RLS commands to support change from Update to Query and back after QUIESCE and UNQUIECE (new in Release 2.0)
Manage Startup (new in Release 2.0)
- Determine resources to enable and or allocate during startup
- Determine DSN to use for each region (allows CSD sharing)
- Determine open status after allocation
Allows for different preferences depending on startup type (AUTO/COLD)
- Start CICS transactions
- Link to CICS programs
Initiate CICS shutdown
- Send messages to CICS terminals
For z/OS environments, MBC runs in CICS TS 1.3 and above.
For VSE, MBC runs in CICS TS 1.1.1 and above environment, and requires either BSI's or CSI's TCP/IP stack.
Note: For z/OS environments, cross-system EXCI requires a SYSPLEX. For VSE CICS 2.3 environments, contact MacKinney Systems for alternatives.
Note: MacKinney Batch to CICS was written to replace CICS/CEMT from Batch. CICS/CEMT from Batch is no longer available.