JSF-Job and Syslog Facility 4.3 Release Notes
Released On: 11/04/2016
- Improved the Syslog Selection Panel by adding options to select and/or sort the syslogs by the system name that created the syslog, and/or to sort the list of syslogs from newest to oldest.
- Reduced the time it takes to display the JSF ISPF list of restorable jobs or syslogs significantly (options 3 and 4).
- Improved the Scan Utility's report format and reduced its size.
- Added batch job JSFDSCAN, so that Scan Utility reports can be scheduled and run simultaneously, and don't require using JSF ISPF option 5.
- Added an optional "Operator" field (EQ, GT, NE, etc.) for "Exceptions" (non-zero job return codes) to the Job Selection Panel. For example, display a list of jobs with a return code Greater Than 4.
- Added options module keyword ABENDRC (ABEND Return Code) for a job return code value for abended jobs to be requeued.
- Added optional keywords DESCENDING (sort order) and TODAY (current date) to the Generalized Report Writer batch job.
- Increased the VSAM History purge job (JSFDPVSM) days to keep maximum from 999 to 9999 days, to allow more than 2.7 years (999 days) of restorable job information to be kept.