JSF-Job and Syslog Facility 3.3 Release Notes
Released On: 09/28/1992
- Implemented compression of archived data resulting in an average DASD savings of 40%.
- Added the ability to shut JSF down immediately, with no loss of data, rather than waiting for an active archival to complete.
- Added the ability to specify the JSF 'sleep' interval controlling how often JSF checks the JES queue for output to archive.
- Added the ability to specify the number of 'sleep' intervals that must expire before JSF performs queued delete processing. This allows waking JSF up every minute, but having the delete process occur at a different interval resulting in less overhead and VSAM SMF record activity.
- Added the ability to turn off JSF queued delete processing.
- Removed the restriction requiring JSF be installed in a linklist library.