JSF-Job and Syslog Facility 3.3 Release Notes
Released On: 09/28/1992
- Implemented compression of archived data resulting in an average DASD savings of 40%.
- Added ability to shut JSF down immediately, with no loss of data, rather than waiting for an active archival to complete.
- Added ability to specify the JSF 'sleep' interval controlling how often JSF checks JES queue for output to archive.
- Added ability to specify the number of 'sleep' intervals must expire before JSF performs queued delete processing. This allows waking JSF up every minute, but having delete process occur at a different interval resulting in less overhead and VSAM SMF record activity.
- Added ability to turn off JSF queued delete processing.
- Removed the restriction requiring JSF be installed in a linklist library.