Sharing the VSAM file between LPARs
How can you share the VVPFILE between LPARS?
You can share the VVPFILE between LPARS with RLS if they are in a SYSPLEX as follows:
The following is a list of RLS requirements for the VVP VSAM file used in a SYSPLEX environment.
- VSAM Server region (SMSVSAM) is running on the SYSPLEX.
- SHR(2,3) is required for VVPFILE dataset.
- RLS=NRI added to the VVPFILE DD statement.
- VVPFILE dataset altered with LOG(NONE).
- VVPFILE dataset altered with STORCLASS(VSAMRLS).
You can verify the RLS function is working properly by listing the catalog entry for the VSAM file. There is an entry for 'RLS IN USE --------(YES)'.