VTAM/Switch 6.5 Release Notes
Released On: 09/19/2016
- Dynamic Logical Terminal feature was added.
Added the terminal's TCP/IP address to events numbers 86 (terminal open) and 87 (terminal close).
- Execute any VTAM/Switch commands in a source member through VTAM/Switch command line.
- Profile Group Table GSFDFDG is added. This new table defines multiple VTAM/Switch application groups and other applications available to the user.
- Three new VTAM/Switch features added for the ROTATE command: 1. The ROTATE command 2nd parameter OPENX option added. In the event the user does not currently have a session with the alias, the ROTATE command attempts to start a session with the alias not defined to VTAM/Switch. 2. Option to automatically add the 2nd parameter option OPENX to the ROTATE command. 3. The LOGDATA parameter added to the ROTATE command.
- Exit GSFEX03 is added to control the APPLID used by VTAM/Switch to start of new session.
- New Script Table (GSFDFSC) TEST option to check the user variables %USER, %DEPT, %PRM1, %PRM2, %PRM3 and %PRM4.
- Option to control the maximum length for a password phrase added for z/OS installation.
- Option added to the LIBRARYL command to display DISABLED logical terminals only.
- Programs GSMDFAP, GSMDFAX, GSMDFLG, GSMDFMC, GSMDFPH, GSMDFPX and GSMDFUS to create the VTAM/Switch tables GSFDFAP, GSFDFAX, GSFDFLG, GSFDFMC, GSFDFPH, GSFDFPX and GSFDFUS from the definitions on the VTAM/Switch VSAM file.
- Batch program GSMMIGR to migrate the VTAM/Switch tables GSFDFAP, GSFDFAX, GSFDFLG, GSFDFMC, GSFDFPH, GSFDFPX and GSPFDFUS to the VTAM/Swich VSAM file.
- Program GSMLIST produces a listing of all definitions on the VTAM/Switch VSAM file.
- Change applications, logical terminals, physical terminals and printers, users, application groups and physical groups through the VTAM/Switch command line.
- Entering the FIND command immediately after the GSCFINDA string is not found message, re-starts the command from the top of the display.
- Retrieve the previous VTAM/Switch commands added.
- For z/OS installations, the export/import dataset name is saved.
- Added support to display VTAM/Switch definitions using a filter.