VTAM/Switch 6.2 Release Notes
Released On: 07/22/2010
- Support for larger 3290 screen size was added.
- Trigger parameter option &PARM was added, reference Section 2.9 Trigger Feature.
- Automatic Restart Manager (ARM) facility was added. For z/OS installations only.
- Multiple line console command responses changed to MLWTO to keep all the lines together on the console and in the SYSLOG. For z/OS installations only.
- Moved the VTAM/Switch internal task work area(s) and 128 byte buffers above the line reducing the private space requirements. For z/OS installations only.
- The TCP/IP address of the Telnet terminal is retrieved from the CINIT RU vector data. The TCP/IP address can be passed to the application as LOGDATA.
- Option to use "Close Dest/Pass" for any application.
- New TRACE command option $CINIT was added.
- VTAM Generic Resource function has been added.
- Removed the requirement to calculate the VTAM/Switch buffer pools. The following Control Table GSFDFCT parameters have been removed: BUFDSL, BUF128, BUF64, BUF2K, BUF4K and XDSPCT.
- Added tracing facility for failed scripting TEST commands.
- Support for generic scripting using the APPL parameter has been added.
- New feature to start the procedure to refresh the application menu and any "Administration Users" changes for all users currently using VTAM/Switch.