eSendIT 4.2 Release Notes
Released On: 04/15/2002
- Release 4.2 of eSendIT was mostly a maintenance release, incorporating corrections to the 4.1 code. Additionally, there were the following enhancements:
- Support for creating PDF format files was introduced. eSendIT can send email messages directly from CICS with attachments in PDF format. When used with the CICS/Fax server, eSendIT can also create PDF files on local or FTP directories.
- Support for the "Host Integration Feature" for Rightfax servers is added. This provides eSendIT with 3270-based interface to Rightfax servers with the Host Integration option.
- A sample CICS program to create a fax is now distributed in source form. The member name is ESIPDEM.
- The LE/370 runtimes were used for linking the executable programs:
- For VSE customers, COBOL programs are now compiled with the "IBM COBOL FOR VSE/ESA 1.1.1" compiler and linked using the LE/370 release 1.4.0 libraries. (This is the level of COBOL and LE that were part of the VSE/ESA 2.3 operating system, and becomes the minimum supported version of VSE/ESA for this release of eSendIT.) Versions of LE are backward compatible, so that all releases of VSE/ESA that are at least release 2.3 or higher can use the phases as distributed. However, LE support is required for the CICS where eSendIT will run.
- For MVS customers, COBOL programs are now compiled with the "IBM COBOL for z/OS & VM 2.1.2" compiler and linked using the LE/370 release 1.8 libraries. (The OS/390 2.5 LE libraries were used, making OS/390 2.5 the minimum supported release of OS/390 for this release of eSendIT.) Versions of LE are upward compatible, so that all releases of z/OS and of OS/390 higher than 2.4 can use the loadmods as distributed.