VTAM Virtual Printer 3.0 Release Notes
Released On: 03/09/2010
- Provides support for the MVS command "P VVP" to shutdown the region.
- For MVS installations, new feature to replace the JCL OUTPUT statements with the new Output Descriptor table VVPFDFOD.
- Added support to specify the VTAM APPLID on the JCL EXEC statement via PARM= parameter.
Reference VVP Startup.
- Support for external security mixed case passwords has been added.
Reference the Control Table "SECURE" parameter.
- Added optional TCP/IP Host address to be used as the local host.
- For MVS installations; option to change the console route code from 1 to 13 for all VVP messages.
Reference Control Table "CNSL" parameter.
- Added field sensitive help for the VVP administration screens.
- Added statistics to logical printer sessions (number of reports/lines created).
- Support for a repeat FIND command for VVP screens.
Reference FIND command.
- Added support to display VVP logical printer definitions using a filter.
Reference the FILTER command.
- Added support for MVS Automatic Restart Management (ARM).
Reference 2.12 Automatic Restart Management.