KWIK-KEY/KWIK-LOAD 3.0 Release Notes
Released On: 04/11/1992
- Release of VSE KWIK-LOAD. VSE users will now be able to load the VSAM base cluster and build an alternate index at the same time.
- Ability to build multiple alternate index datasets with one pass of the base cluster. KWIK-KEY will build up to nine (9) alternate index or cross reference datasets while reading the base cluster records only once. KWIK-LOAD will also build up to nine (9) alternate index or cross reference datasets while loading the VSAM base cluster.
- Ability to limit the number of base cluster records associated with one alternate key. The new MAXDUP parameter allows users to eliminate excess base cluster keys for an alternate key.
- Performance optimization suggestions. A new section has been added to the reference manual with suggestions to improve the performance of KWIK-KEY and KWIK-LOAD by fine tuning sort features and VSAM dataset options.
- Improved documentation. Separate sections for MVS and VSE control statement formats.