Product InformationProduct Release Info
Send company or departmental news
Morning News allows you to broadcast “news” to all or selected CICS users when they logon or sign on to CICS. News is also available throughout the day by entering a CICS transaction.
- News can be generated for broadcast to all CICS users, to selected groups of users or to an individual user.
- Morning News allows News to be directed to CICS users by operator id, terminal id or user id. Only those authorized can generate News.
- News can be one full screen (19 lines of 79 characters each). Morning News help screens are available throughout the system whether creating, changing or just reading news.
- Most current News is always displayed first, but the user is then free to browse forward or backward chronologically through News that he is authorized to read.
- A reader can go directly to News for a specified date or he can go to the oldest or newest (most current) News.
- News can be set up to display at a future date. With Morning News a batch program is included to delete news based on age, or print selected news.
- User lists can be shared between MacKinney Systems Message and Morning News. Message messages can be automatically sent to Morning News.