Product InformationProduct Release Info
VTAM Virtual Printer
Route online application output to system spool
VTAM Virtual Printer(VVP) lets you route output created by your online applications to the system spool.
- Receives 3270 print data stream from VTAM applications (CICS,IMS, etc.)
- Reformats the 3270 print data stream into print lines, creating SYSOUT
- SYSOUT spool name determined by logical printer parameters
- All SYSOUT parameters (CLASS, DEST, FORMDEF, PAGEDEF, etc) are supported
- Receives print data from other TCP/IP hosts, via LPD protocols
- Reformats the TCP/IP buffers received into print lines, creating SYSOUT
- LPD queue name will determine SYSOUT spool name attributes
- Route multiple UNIX host output to JES queue for a central point of control
- SYSOUT delivered by JQP to VTAM or TCP/IP devices
- SYSOUT delivered by JRB via email or FTP
- SYSOUT archived by JRB for viewing via browser
- JES2 and JES3 supported
- VSE/ESA supported
VTAM Virtual Printer is a VTAM based application that emulates LU1/SCS or LU3 printers. Each emulated or logical printer is defined to VTAM as an APPL statement. For CICS, a TCT definition is required with the NETNAME equal to one of VTAM Virtual Printer’s APPL statements. Your applications route the print datastream to the logical printer in the same way as real hardware devices. Your existing VTAM printing applications continue to run without any application changes.
From the system spool, the report is available to be routed to your network printers, including VTAM printers, TCP/IP printers, and LAN printers (separate products are required to do the actual printing to the network printers).
How does VTAM Virtual Printer separate different reports to the same logical printer?
An option is included to separate reports based on when the logical printer is acquired and released or when a VTAM bracket is started and ended. Unlike real printer devices, VVP can manage multiple VTAM applications sending data to the same logical printer concurrently.
JES Queue for Printers - JES2 output queue printing.
JES Report Broker - Deliver reports using FTP, E-mail and the Web.
MacKinney Print Transform - Convert AFP documents into PCL, PS or PDF.
MainFormIT - Eliminate cost of using preprinted forms.