Product InformationProduct Release Info
CICS/On Line File Utility
CICS file display and edit
CICS/Online File Utility(OLFU) allows programmers access to records on any CICS-defined file.
CICS/Online File Utility features include:
- Allowing lookup and update of records on any VSAM (KSDS, ESDS, RRDS) or ISAM file
- Displaying records in both character and hexadecimal format
- Looking up records by KEY, RBA, or Relative Record Number
- Updating, Adding, Replacing, Deleting and Browsing records
- Browsing forward (VSAM and ISAM) or backwards (VSAM)
- Scanning for records matching up to five user-defined parameters
- Scanning for records containing a character string anywhere within the record (for example, 'JONES' between positions 1 and 100)
- Providing security routines to protect selected files from lookup or update or limiting CICS/Online File Utility to specified terminals
- Audit trails of updates processed by CICS/Online File Utility
- Extensive Help screens
- Simultaneously editing 2 files by switching between CICS/Online File Utility sessions
- Optional copybook name displays and searches
- TIPS command shows hints for users
CICS Onnline Temporary Storage Queue Lookup (OLTL) and CICS On Line Temporary Storage Queue Update (OLTU) provides lookup and access to Temp Storage Queues.
- Uses powerful generic seaches to list matching TS Queues
- Uses same look-and-feel displays and features as OLFU
When would you use CICS/On Line File Utility?
- For creating test input. CICS/Online File Utility allows programmers to easily create each condition to test. Test programs more thoroughly and in less time.
- For checking test results. Programmers can immediately check each record their test condition updated.
- For correcting files with problems. The SCAN function is handy for finding the records needing correction.
- For trouble shooting. Quickly access any file defined to CICS to investigate problems.
- For quick response to minor requests from users.