Automatic report and data distribution
Want to access or store your host data somewhere other than your host?
eSendIT allows you to automatically send CICS and batch data to almost any destination-- fax machines (via a CICS/Fax or HostGate™ fax server), email address, FTP server, or networked drive.
The primary advantage of using eSendIT to send your data is that you can also verify delivery. A simple-to-use CICS transaction can be used to determine which, if any, reports were not delivered correctly. The same interface can be used to re-send any failed report to the same or a different destination.
eSendIT provides automatic, unattended distribution of CICS and batch reports. Reports can be sent via Email directly from CICS or can be sent through an attached CICS/Fax PC Server to be delivered in a variety of formats via fax, Email, FTP uploads, or copied directly to a network folder. Report archival is possible via the direct copy or FTP methods.
Data Sources for eSendIT include:
- CICS reports currently sent to CICS printers
- CICS application screens as they are displayed
- Application data such as calendar requests, emails, or other sources
- Batch reports – JES or POWER.
Destinations accessible to eSendIT users include:
- Email addresses
- Lotus Notes or Outlook calendar
- BlackBerry Curve™ or similar hand-held devices
- Fax machines (*-with CICS/Fax or HostFax ™ fax servers)
- FTP servers*
- A networked folder* (accessible to the CICS/Fax server)
Data formats include:
- Searchable PDF files
- TXT files
- RFT files
- Fine or Standard resolution faxes*
- TIFF format graphic files*
- Many other programmable formats, including HTML and ICS (Calendar requests)
With the Web Interface Feature, report data can also be viewed from a web browser!
In addition to sending data from your z/OS or z/VSE system, the Web Interface Feature can be used to allow your users to view the data while it is still on your mainframe. You may not need to send the data anywhere! By just entering a URL pointing to the Web Interface programs running on CICS, your users can view their data in PDF format.
Fax - PC based software that allows sending faxes, e-mail and uploading FTP files.