Product InformationProduct Release Info
Compare 2 versions of a file
- Compare any combination of:
Vsam KSDS dataset. Processed forwards or backwards.
Vsam ESDS dataset. Processed forwards or backwards.
Vsam RRDS dataset. Processed forwards or backwards.
Tape or Disk (Q)Sam fixed block, fixed record length file.
Tape or Disk (Q)Sam fixed record length file.
Tape or Disk (Q)Sam variable block, variable record length file.
Tape or Disk (Q)Sam variable record length file.
- All combinations of block length and record length.
- Up to 8 concatenated keys with a total length of up to 256 bytes.
- Discrete or Overlapping keys.
- All keys can be ascending or descending.
- Select any of the following to be printed:
Not-equal, before and after records.
- Record selection to include or exclude records.
- Record skipping allows the first portion of a file to be skipped.
- Provides ability to include/ignore portions of a record.
- End-of-File forcing prevents reading all records in a file.
- Compare can be ended based on threshold of unequal records.
- Print records in:
Character and hexadecimal format.
- All keys in records are underlined by '_'.
- All differences in records are underlined by '*'.
- End of job statistics show:
Number of records on the Old file.
Number of records selected from the Old file.
Number of records on the New file.
Number of records selected from the New file.
Number of EQUAL records.
Number of NOT-EQUAL records.
Number of DELETED records.
Number of ADDED records.
- Ability to include/exclude portions of a record from comparison.
Source Program Compare - Compares two versions of a program and shows all differences.